Skip to main content

Self Care

It has been quite a while since I posted. A few days after my first blog post I experienced my first anxiety attack. I spent the next four months focusing on my mental health. I learned a lot about my triggers and how I could avoid them. I also learned how important self care is. Since then I have not had another attack. However, a few days ago I started to experience some of the symptoms that led up to the first one. Since I knew more about what was happening this time I was able to be proactive by using some of the following strategies to reduce stress:

  1. Writing down my tasks
  2. Focusing on breathing
  3. Listening to music and focusing on the words
  4. Working out
  5. Reading
  6. Appreciating nature
  7. Singing
  8. Baking
  9. Disconnecting from technology
  10. Connecting with people in a small group
I plan to everything mentioned above in separate posts, but I wanted to give you a little introduction and explanation before sharing those!

With love,
Alyssa

Comments